By <a class="post-author" href="/about#aepstein">Alex Epstein</a> -- October 25, 2011
On Thursday, October 13, 2011, I participated in a debate (on behalf of my Center for Industrial Progress
) against a Greenpeace representative on the topic, “Green Energy: Economic Savior or Economic Suicide?” Sponsored by CFACT
, the event took place at the University of Texas at Austin, and was streamed on the Web. (The full debate will be produced professionally for general release, but for now a 90% complete version of the Livestream is available here
. Also, my talk at Texas A&M on the same subject is available here
The debate covered a wide range of topics, including:
- The economics of solar and wind.
- The “green” opposition to nuclear power.
- A free-market, individual rights approach to pollution.
- Free-markets vs. central planning in energy.
- The true meaning of “green energy.”