Trump on Energy: August 1, 2019, Cincinnati Rally
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- August 13, 2019
“I withdrew our country from the job killing and very expensive Paris Climate Accord. Last year coal exports were up 92% compared to 2016. 92%, do you believe that? You’re shipping it all over the world. To Vietnam. I was in Vietnam and they said, ‘We get coal from Ohio. We get coal from West Virginia. It’s the finest coal in the world.’”
MasterResource has documented the energy/climate views of President Donald Trump both before and after his election in 2016 (here). The historic nature of his views requires constant updates, particularly with the other side declaring war against oil, gas, and coal and waging lawsuits against fossil-fuel companies.
Here are his words from the Cincinnati, Ohio rally earlier this month:
- Our shared Republican agenda is pro worker, pro jobs, pro family, pro growth, and 100% pro American. We’ve eliminated a record number of job killing regulations, giving the average American household $3,000 more to spend every single year.
- The previous administration tried to shut down American energy and close up, totally, close it up. American clean, beautiful coal. That’s what they did. That didn’t work out too well, but you had a suffer. It didn’t work out well, but had [to] suffer for a long time until I came along. You’re not suffering any longer.
- The previous administration, they liked … windmills. If a windmill is within two miles of your house, your house is practically worthless. They make noise, they’re intermittent. They kill your birds. They break down all the time. You have to replace them every 10 years because they wear out, and they cost a fortune and they need subsidy. Other than that, they’re quite good.
- You don’t want one of those windmills within vision. You hear them, they’re noisy. They’ve got a lot of problems.
- No, we’re going to stay with the great energy that’s powering our businesses, that’s creating so many jobs.
- And solar, you know what? We’ll live with solar, but solar is peanuts by comparison to what you need. But we’re going to stay the way we have it.
- We’ve ended the war on American energy and we’re putting our coal miners back to work and our steelworkers back to work, and our auto companies back to work.
- We’ve learned over the last three years the incredible gold that were sitting on top of in this country. We’re very lucky. We’re now the largest energy producer in the entire world, bigger than Soviet Union, formerly.
- I withdrew our country from the job killing and very expensive Paris Climate Accord. Last year coal exports were up 92% compared to 2016. 92%, do you believe that? You’re shipping it all over the world. To Vietnam. I was in Vietnam and they said, “We get coal from Ohio. We get coal from West Virginia. It’s the finest coal in the world.”
- We’ve created more than 110,000 new mining jobs, and thanks to states like Ohio the United States is now the number one producer of oil, the number one producer of natural gas, the number one everything having to do with energy. Number one. Anywhere in the world.